The railway was completed to the boundary of Edmonton on July 11, 1913, with regular service commencing on September 30, 1913 and extended into the city where it was connected to the Edmonton Radial Railway on December 21, 1913. Fire destroyed the main depot and the only car on April 1, 1914. This brought to a close the operation, already adversely affected by the collapse of the real estate boom. Summerland was the biggest casualty as the houses were moved away. An ineffectual attempt to revive the railway was made in 1917. In 1920, the City of Edmonton acquired the Interurban lines within its boundaries.